Monday 24 September 2007

Memorable Mourinho: the football psychologist

Jose Mourinho has provided some classic quotes during his time in Enlgish football, from the enraging and amusing to baffling and ludicrous, the 'special one' will no doubt leave us longing for a successor to the Pied Piper of the Press. Here are a selection of his greatest quips...

‘Please don’t call me arrogant, but I’m European champion and I think I’m a special one.’ – June 2004 opening press conference

‘For me pressure is bird flu. It’s not fun and I’m more scared of it than football.’ – Jose refuses to be drawn into mind games with Ferguson

‘Three years without a Premiership title? I don’t think I’d still be in a job.’ – The infamous feud with Rafa Bentiez begins

‘Wenger has a real problem with us and I think he is what you call in England a voyeur.’ – Mourinho enrages the Arsenal’s French boss

‘It is not possible penalties against Man Utd and it is not possible penalties in favour of Chelsea. If somebody punishes me because I tell the truth it is the end of democracy. We go back to the old times.’ – Homage to Shankly Mourniho proves it is more than just a game

‘No eggs, no omelettes! It depends on the quality of the eggs. In the supermarket some are more expensive than others. So when the Class1 eggs are in Waitrose and you cannot go there you have a problem.’ – Mourinho’s team selection issues combined with Eric Cantona-style philosophy is a recipe for disaster

No comments: